FOCUS ON CREATION AND SUPPORT FOR YOUNG ARTISTS
- Encourage creation projects so that the Festival will continue to be a laboratory for 21st century opera.
- Invite prominent artists who are creative and visionary, as well as major orchestras in residence.
- Provide young artists with ideal training conditions, so that they can learn about the diversity of their profession and develop lasting links with the Festival.
MAKE OPERA MORE ACCESSIBLE
- Instil a desire to discover opera in a wider, broader audience by means of advocacy activities, outreach work and a greater offer of cheap tickets.
- Encourage and support amateur artistic practice as an individual and collective experience.
ENHANCE THE FESTIVAL’S INTERNATIONAL DIMENSION
- Circulate our productions more widely so that the Festival can live on abroad.
- Anchor the Festival in the Mediterranean region and contribute to the dialogue between cultures and traditions.
- Initiate discussions with new partners around the world, to share and enrich our expertise.
Thanks to contributions from companies and individuals, our sponsorship revenues have been steadily increasing since 2006 and representing since 2015 between 19% and 21% of the Festival budget, i.e. €4.5 million in 2019. First source of funding for the Festival d'Aix, our patrons and partners play a decisive role in its development.