Engineer, visual artist and stage director, Aliénor Dauchez trained with Giuseppe Penone, Gregor Schneider, Sacha Waltz, Anna Viebrock and Heiner Goebbles. In July 2017, she was part of the Opera Creation Workshop of the Aix-en-Provence Festival, directed by the British staged director [...]
The 2017 HSBC Laureates are...
Selected among the most promising artists of the Académie du Festival d’Aix, six new young talents have now been named 2017 HSBC Laureates. They are under 30, French, Italians, Latvians, Polish, the 2017 HSBC Laureates are: Catherine Trottmann (mezzo-soprano), Paul-Antoine Benos-Djian (countertenor), Jakub Józef Orliński (countertenor), Fabien Hyon (tenor), Enrico Cicconofri (pianist) and the musicians of the Trio Sōra.
Throughout the 2017-2018 season, the HSBC Laureates will delve deeper the experience gained during the Festival d’Aix, and will perform in concert in France, in Chile (Teatro del Lago) and in the United States (National Sawdust, New York) with as from last night an inaugural concert at the Philharmonie de Paris. On last night's programme: the romantic ideal of the meeting of the arts with the uncut version of the epic cycle Romanzen aus Ludwig Tiecks « Magelone » op. 33 by Brahms.
With this twelfth promotion of eight artists, HSBC France, since 2006 in partnership with the Festival d’Aix, furthers its support for the promotion of young talents:
- A graduate of the Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris, Catherine Trottmann made her début at Festival d’Aix in 2012 as understudy for the title role of Ravel’s The Child and the Spells. In the same year, she took part in the Mozart residency of the Académie du Festival d’Aix. In 2014, she sang in Viardot, la liberté, a production by the Académie du Festival d’Aix, created by Côme de Bellescize. She was named lyrical revelation by the ADAMI in 2015 and Lyrical Artist Revelation at the Victoires de la Musique in 2017.
- Award recipient of the Meyer Foundation, Paul-Antoine Bénos-Djian won the Grand-Avignon prize at the first edition of the Concours Jeunes Espoirs held by Opéra d’Avignon. He has performed as a soloist conducted by Raphaël Pichon, Emmanuelle Haïm, Benoît Haller, Christophe Coin and Philippe Pierlot. In 2017, he took part in the Mozart residency of the Académie du Festival d’Aix.
- A graduate of the Frédéric Chopin University of Music in Warsaw and of the Juilliard School in New York, Jakub Józef Orliński has won numerous singing competitions in Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Romania and the United States, including the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions in 2016. In July 2017, at Festival d’Aix, he played Orimeno in Francesco Cavalli’s Erismena conducted by Leonardo García Alarcón.
- Fabien Hyon graduated in 2016 from the Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris, where he was taught by Malcolm Walker. He then went on to master his art at the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel with José Van Dam. In 2015 he was named Classic Revelation by the ADAMI and in July 2017, he was understudy for Philippe Boesmans’s Pinocchio, produced by Joël Pommerat at Festival d’Aix. He also took part in the Académie du Festival.
- Enrico Cicconofri graduated from the Luigi Cherubini Conservatory in Florence. He joined the “Incontri col Maestro” International Piano Academy in Imola where he studied with Enrico Pace and Piero Rattalino. He has won first prizes at the Rome International Piano Competition, the Marco Fortini International Competition in Bologna and the Lia Tortora competition of the Citta della Pieve. In July 2017 he took part in the Mozart residency of the Académie du Festival d’Aix and in the same year joined the Académie de l’Opéra national de Paris.
- Trio Sōra (Pauline Chenais - piano, Magdalēna Geka - violin, Angèle Legasa - cello), has benefited from the advice of Menahem Pressler, the Quatuor Ébène, the Quatuor Danel and Gary Hoffman. 2017 winner of the Parkhouse Award in London, the trio is also an award recipient of the Safran Foundation for music. It recorded its first album in June 2016 and in June 2017 took part in several residencies of the Académie du Festival d’Aix. On this occasion, it presented the concert-show ¿ Tangos ?